BRONX MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAWYER
Caring representation for those harmed by hospital malpractice, surgical mistakes and disease misdiagnoses
If your doctor failed to diagnose your disease, if your child was harmed during birth, if you or a loved one suffered surgical complications or if you were given the wrong dosage for your prescription, you are the victim of medical negligence and may have a valid medical malpractice lawsuit. These hospital and medical professional errors are more common than you may think. In 2011 alone, $3.7 billion was awarded in medical malpractice lawsuits nationwide, with New York leading the way with a payout of $677 million. At the Bronx medical malpractice law firm of James Newman, P.C., we believe in justice for those harmed by medical mistakes. We offer compassionate counsel — but even more, we provide the determined representation you need to get maximum compensation.
Do I have a case?
Two factors must exist to show medical malpractice:
- The medical professional or hospital must have breached the accepted standard of care in that medical field; and
- That breach must be a substantial factor in causing the injury
For instance, your condition worsened after you were given the wrong medication, or abirth injurywas caused by the misuse of forceps. Many medical mistakes are preventable — the result of anything from technical or procedural errors to malfunctioning equipment or even a miscommunication.
If you or a family member has suffered harm as the result of a medical error or the negligence of a doctor or hospital staff, Bronx medical malpractice lawyers James Newman and Kyle Newman will fight the insurance companies on your behalf, whether the damage was caused by:
- Surgical error, including procedures done on the wrong site, incorrect surgery, misuse of medical tools or instruments, foreign objects left in the body, post-op complications and infections
- Birth injuries
- Hospital malpractice
- Failure to diagnose cancer, heart attacks, stroke, diabetes or other diseases
- Chart errors, including inadequate patient history, lack of notes or incomplete fields
- Emergency room errors, such as improper diagnoses, failure to order the proper tests and failure to treat
- Nurse and hospital personnel errors, including failure to respond to an alarm and improper medication administration
- Wrongful death
It is important that you contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss a medical malpractice lawsuit. The laws in New York require that a lawsuit must be filed within two-and-a-half years of your injury and within one year of the discovery of a foreign object left in your body.
Contact the Bronx medical malpractice lawyers at James Newman, P.C. for a free consultation
We stand by your side to get you the compensation you deserve. To schedule a free initial consultation, please contact us online or call us at 718-823-3122. We are accessible by the number 6 train and MTA bus service.